In the States, we’re celebrating the 4th of July. It’s my favorite holiday but probably not for the reason you think. On the 4th, I give thanks for freedom even as I pursue its expansion in my life and yours. The 4th of July remembers the signing in 1776 of the American Declaration of Independence, one of the most amazing and principled political documents ever crafted.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, . . . “
For the signers of the Declaration, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are Nature’s sacred rights bestowed upon all people whatever their color, sex, age or socioeconomic class. Simply by being born. Just for being human. Just because you’re alive. And these rights are actionable principles of a self-evident truth.
Unfortunately, the Declaration’s principles, however true and precious, have not played out in U.S. history and politics, at home or abroad, by creating equal opportunities and advancing freedom for all people. However imperfect its historic enactment may have been, let’s focus today on its sublime promise.
This energy healing mini-session connects all of us to our inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. When the great singer and composer of the Civil Rights Movement Nina Simone was asked what freedom felt like, she paused and said, “No fear . . . no fear.” So to claim our freedom and our power, we begin by releasing fear: safety is fear’s flip. Energetically, fear would keep us estranged from our inalienable rights to freedom, equality, success, prosperity, health and the goodness of life.
These Independence Day affirmations are activated and power-packed for your life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, your inalienable rights.
- I am connected to Shekinah*. I am a child of the Cosmic Majesty*. I am a Co-Creator with God*. I am connected to the life force.
- I am willing to release all fear. I am open. I am safe and secure. I am always divinely guided and protected. I move through life and know I am secure.
- I am free. My life is sacred and blessed. The truth sets me free.
- I claim all my power now and use it wisely. I allow, accept and receive all my power. I am the only power and authority in my life.
- I am respected, valued, validated, important, good enough, beautiful, confident, capable, ambitious, motivated, dependable, competent and spiritual.
- I am worthy and deserving of the goodness of life. What I love and God’s* will are one and the same for me.
- I love and support myself unconditionally and attract unconditional love and support from others.
- I am a success. I am worthy and deserving of success. I am smart enough. I am good enough.
- I am wealthy. It’s okay with God* for me to be spiritual and wealthy. I am connected to the infinite flow of money. Prosperity and good abundance are my birthright, my inalienable right.
- I enjoy good health. Perfect health is my birthright. I go within and connect with that part of myself that knows how to heal. It’s safe for me to heal and transform. I allow, accept and receive the fullness of life and health. It is safe for me to live a long and happy life.
- I honor who I am and who I am becoming. I grow and adapt easily. I welcome positive changes in my life. Making positive changes in my life is easy and comfortable for me. It is my inalienable right to grow and expand into the happiness and fullness of life. It’s safe for me to pursue a full life and all its happiness.
- Doors open for me. I am open to new opportunities.
- I have a balance of giving and receiving good abundance in my life. I give and receive love today.
- I trust and feel safe that life works out for my highest good now and always. Everyone has my best interest at heart.
- I allow, accept and receive all of grace’s gifts and blessings. I am grateful to be alive today. It is my joy and pleasure to live another wonderful day.
Danielle Allen in her book Our Declaration: A Reading of the Declaration of Independence in Defense of Equality writes about the Declaration’s signers’ intent: “From the facts [inalienable Rights], people are simply wired, as are all animals, to seek their survival, freedom and happiness, and, second, human beings use governments as their central instrument for protecting their life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.” (p. 164)
As human beings, we are political creatures as well as divine beings. I urge you in claiming your inalienable right to “use politics to seek and find survival, freedom and happiness” (Allen. p. 163). If you’re in the States, please vote this coming November in your own best interest. If you’re elsewhere in the world, use your voice for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Liberty and equality for all!
* Use whatever name you prefer for the Divine here.
Many thanks to Carolyn Cooper, founder of the SimplyHealed Method®